Body parts insurance
Currently in modern society it is possible to insure any manner of things which if lost will have a financial implication on the life of that individual. The insurance of body parts is something which may sound unusual, but is perfectly legal and is steadily on the increase.
What is meant by body parts insurance?
Body parts insurance is a type of insurance which is most commonly related to the celebrity field but it is not something which is strictly limited to that industry. It is a form of insurance which can offer financial cover and protect an individual’s livelihood if they rely on a specific part of their body to earn a living.
What is the purpose of body parts insurance?
The purpose of body parts insurance is in paying out financial compensation for any accidental damage or disfigurement caused to the insured body part. The key point to note here is that the insurance policy will only pay out if the damage to that body part results in a loss of work and thus income.
What kinds of people take out body parts insurance?
Body parts insurance is available to anyone who requires a specific part of their body to be able to carry out the job which they make their living from. Accordingly the following individuals are likely to take out body parts insurance:
- Performers – this can include musicians, singers and actors
- Athletes and other sports people
What body parts are usually the subject of body parts insurance?
Body parts insurance was first heard off when fashion models began to insure their limbs.
For more information on:
- Why did models first start to take out this kind of insurance policy?
- Does body parts insurance apply to the whole body?
- What should I do if I wish to insure my entire body?
- Will this kind of insurance be available to me?
- How do celebrities afford to take out these kinds of policies?
- Is this something which has happened recently?